When it comes to an area like Houston, emmasblog Texas that face hurricanes on a regular basis, you’re likely to find a wide selection of roofing contractors- it’s a much needed service. However, with so many companies available, you’re likely to run into one who can’t be trusted. Make sure you avoid these mistakes when hiring roofing contractors.
1. Not reading the contract before you sign it- The purpose of a contract is to ensure that both parties abide by the set rules. forbrukermagasin The roofer wants to make sure he gets paid when he does the work. Seems fair enough, right? Well, in the roofing business, not all contracts are created equally. While some roofing contractors just want guaranteed payment, those with less integrity may try to really stick it to you with some outrageous things thrown into the contract. With that in mind, read the contract thoroughly before you sign it. And whatever you do, save your copy.
2. Not checking the Better Business Bureau website- When you visit the Better Business Bureau’s website, in large, bold letters you see, fridagsblog “Start with trust.” There’s truth behind the slogan. Before you sign any contracts or give the green light for a group of roofing contractors to begin work, make sure they are a BBB member. If they’re a member, that means they’re governed by a higher authority and they can show proof of customer satisfaction. Read the reviews and see if any customers have filed complaints. If they are free of complaint, you’ve probably found reputable roofing contractors.
3. Not checking references- Even if you’ve checked the BBB site, you still should request a list of references. Since you don’t want to leave any stone unturned when searching for roofing contractors, calling references could turn up a dissatisfied customer who didn’t think to report their qualms on the BBB website. inspirasjonsguide Past customers have experience dealing with the company you’re entertaining and can open your eyes to what they do badly (if anything) and what they do well.
4. Not inquiring about a guarantee- What happens once you have a new roof on your home, but you aren’t happy with the work? Maybe your roof is still sagging, or perhaps the roofing contractors left debris littered about your yard. Hopefully you asked about a guarantee. Trustworthy roofing contractors will guarantee your satisfaction. A quick phone call will result in them returning to your home to fix whatever work doesn’t meet your standards.
5. Not asking about technique- Plainly put, some roofing contractors do the job incorrectly. In order to rush through the job, they might fire up their nail guns and haphazardly race through roof replacement. The problem with this is that nail guns must be carefully set in order to use on roofing shingles. When attaching shingles, livsstilsnyheter it’s important not to hammer the nail in too deeply. Doing so will compromise the effectiveness of the shingle, causing leaks in your roof. Nail guns are so powerful that they often shoot the nail too deeply into the plywood decking. That said, a manual hammer is preferred. So don’t forget to question your roofer’s technique. If you don’t you may find your roof failing inspection.
Asking the right questions and performing a bit of research will help you avoid the above mistakes. And steering clear of these mistakes means finding roofing contractors you can trust for professional roof replacement.